Information about using Beamafilm free movie streaming service.
31/03/2020 5:00 p.m.
Free movie streaming service
Beamafilm is movie streaming service that offers hundreds of high-definition films, documentaries, independent features, educational and foreign films. Over a third of the catalogue features Australian and New Zealand films. New films are added regularly.
Members of Whangarei District Libraries get free unlimited simultaneous access at home. Stream movies to your desktop, device or TV. All your need is your library card number and pin.
Browse Beamafilm catalogue
Visit the library’s Beamafilm portal using a browser on your device:
(Compatible browsers: Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari and FireFox).
Go to Beamafilm
- If the library name is not already pre-filled, select Whangarei District Libraries from the drop-down menu.
- Type in your library barcode number from your library card and pin.
- Create your account by entering your name, email and choosing a password.
- You will receive a welcome email. Go to your email account and click on the verification link to confirm your account.
No verification email? Check your email spam folder for the verification email.
If you did not receive a verification email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your account verified.
- Log in.
- Watch movies! There are trailers provided for all Beamafilm movies to help you choose and there are no viewing limits, so you can watch as many as you want, whenever you want.
If you already have an account, select 'Log In' at the top right corner and enter your email and password (there’s no need to choose library card Signup again after logging out).
Enjoy Beamafilm on any internet-connected device and casting to your big screen via Chromecast or Apple TV!
Please note that some film manufacturers may have imposed limitations.
Set up your account in a browser first, get it verified then download and sign-in to the Beamafilm app.
Not a library member?
It's free to join.
Join Whangarei District Libraries
You can also contact us by: