Information about Wheelers ePlatform service for downloading eBooks.
16/02/2017 4:32 p.m.
Download eBooks using Wheelers ePlatform
Whangarei Libraries offers a free eBook download service through Wheelers ePlatform website or apps for mobile devices.
Titles include fiction and non fiction for adults, teens and children.
To use this service you will need:
- to be a member of Whangarei Libraries with a valid library card number and PIN
- Internet access
- a compatible device with software or an app for downloading and reading eBooks
Please note: Amazon Kindle eReaders are generally not a compatible device for reading library eBooks in New Zealand, although you can use Kindle Fire with the ePlatform app from Amazon.
- an Adobe ID to authorise your devices for reading eBooks with DRM copyright protection.
Adobe Digital Editions for Windows and Macintosh
Adobe Digital Editions
Wheelers ePlatform apps for Apple iOS and Android devices and Kindle Fire
Instructions for eReader devices
Device Step by Step Guides
Start downloading eBooks
Use the ePlatform app
Download the ePlatform app from Apple iTunes, Google Play or Amazon (only for use with Kindle Fire)
Search for Whangarei Libraries and login using your Library card number and PIN
Browse and borrow an eBook from our Library on your device.
Using Wheelers ePlatform website
Go to Whangarei Libraries Wheelers ePlatform website.
- Go to Whangarei Libraries Wheeler eBooks website in a web browser (it is best to use Safari on Apple iPads, etc.)
- sign in using your library barcode number and PIN
- browse or use the search box to search by title or author
- if the title is shaded it is currently out on loan - you can place a hold or request it by tapping Make Reservation button
- if the title is available tap Borrow Now? button
- a confirmation of your loan message will appear: Loan successful - ready to download
- tap the Download Now button
- tap Open in button and select Bluefire
- Bluefire will open automatically with a Download successful! message. You can choose to read now or read later.
- Check Outs: 4 titles can be checked out at the same time
- Holds: Only 4 titles can be placed on hold at the same time
- Lending period: 14 days.
- Renewals: Titles cannot be renewed before the lending period expires. However you can download the title again after it has returned if there are no existing holds or reserves on it.
- Return items early: eBooks can be returned early using Adobe Digital Editions, Bluefire or Sony eReader.
Wheelers provide an extensive help and FAQ section on their website.
Wheelers ePlatform help
Need more help
eReader tutorials at the Library
We offer free tutorials for library members who need help learning how to download and open eBooks, eMagazines and eAudiobooks from websites onto their mobile devices.
Contact us to make an appointment for a lesson: