Information about the resources we provide for migrants including learning English and world language collections.
19/10/2016 4:25 p.m.
Need help to learn or improve English?
Whangarei Central Library has a wide range of material to help with learning English.
Literacy ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
The Literacy ESOL Collection is found on the ground floor of Whangarei Central Library.
It has books, tapes and CDs to help:
- improve literacy skills for adults whose first language is English
- adults learning English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- practice for International English Language Test (IELTS)
- tutors of Literacy and English.
Some of the subjects covered in this collection include:
- grammar, reading, writing, vocabulary and spelling materials for adult new learners
- books, tapes and CDs to help pronunciation, speaking, listening and communication in English
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) practice material
- books and book and CD sets for new readers. These graded readers are available from starter to advanced levels.
Follow the link below for a selection of Learning English resources:
Learning English books
This is a growing collection of fiction and some non-fiction books in foreign languages.
Books are available on the ground floor of Whangarei Central Library in the following languages:
You can easily browse books in a specific language in our Library Catalogue by selecting your preferred option from the Language drop down list. Follow the link below to our Library Catalogue search page:
Library catalogue search
View featured World Languages books
You can also read current issues of major newspapers and magazines from around the world through Press Display. This website is available free at Whangarei Central Library.
Whangarei Libraries members can access Press Display by following the link below and using their library card number:
Enter Press Display