Information about the Government Documents located in the New Zealand Room on the first floor at the Whangarei Central Library and links to national and local government websites.
27/11/2015 5:20 p.m.
Parliamentary and other administrative documents
- Statutes 1841 to present; updated every 6 months
- Statutory Regulations 1950 to present; updated every 6 months
- Bills 1992 to present
- Hansard Parliamentary Debates 1992 to present
- Order papers 1992 to present
- AJHR Appendices to the Journals of the House of Representatives 1860 to 1993 - also known as 'AtoJs'
- Annual reports and newsletters of many Government Departments.
New Zealand Gazette
The New Zealand Gazette is an official newspaper of the New Zealand Government produced weekly by the New Zealand Gazette Office at the Department of Internal Affairs. (Hard copy in storage 1860 to 2010)
Each edition of the New Zealand Gazette is divided into commercial and government notices, covering business proceedings, bankruptcies, land transfer notices, departmental and parliamentary notices.
New Zealand Gazette Archive
- searchable and browsable database
- search for personal names for Genealogy research
- browse by date and page number for references on land deeds and cadastral maps
- available only in Whangarei Central Library.
New Zealand Statistics
- New Zealand Official Yearbooks 1895 to present
- Blue Books - early New Zealand statistical reports 1896 to 1909
- Census 1911 to 2006
- Statistical serials e.g. Health, Motor Vehicle Crashes, Accident Investigation.
Whangarei District Council owns this website and the information, images and photographs in it are subject to copyright. No portion may be copied or republished without prior permission of Whangarei District Council.
We have made every reasonable effort to provide accurate and reliable information. The use of any information is at the website visitor’s own risk and discretion.
The website and all information, images and photographs on it are owned by Whangarei District Council and are subject to copyright and other
proprietary rights. Website visitors may reproduce, store and use the content of this website for personal, informational and non-commerical
Except as stated in the paragraph above, no portion of the content of the website, or the council logo, may be copied or republished without
the prior written permission of Whangarei District Council. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to Whangarei District
Enquiries should be addressed to:
Whangarei District Council
Private Bag 9032
Phone: +64 9 4304200
Fax: +64 9 4387632
Externally sourced material is subject to copyright by the respective provider and is linked from within Whangarei District Council's websites
where applicable to those respective providers.
Any links from external websites to pages within Whangarei District Council's websites must clearly state that they are links to Whangarei District