Information about LinkedIn Learning, (formerly Lynda.com), an online learning resource available free for members of Whangrei District Libraries.
23/02/2021 11:03 a.m.
Free access to online learning 24/7 with a Whangarei District Libraries card
Lynda.com has upgraded to LinkedIn Learning for Libraries.
What is changed:
- More courses in addition to the ones that were available on Lynda.com
- over 16,000 courses in 7 different languages (English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Mandarin and Portuguese).
- Easier log-in via library card and PIN without the need for a LinkedIn profile.
However if you change your library card number, your learning history won't be accessible unless you have a LinkedIn account.
- An updated, easier-to-use interface
- Your course history from Lynda.com will move to LinkedIn Learning
- Lynda.com apps will be replaced by LinkedIn Learning apps for Apple iOS and Android.
LinkedIn Learning for Libraries FAQ
Learn from any device
LinkedIn Learning provides thousands of top-quality online video courses delivered by expert teachers. Courses cover a wide range of topics to help you pursue your professional goals including: business, marketing, design, web development and multimedia skills software - especially latest updates in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and open source applications.
Courses can be arranged in playlists and bookmarked for future reference. Most videos are close captioned with transcripts and learning exercises.
You can learn at your own pace viewing courses in small chunks or watch the entire course and earn certificates at the completion of each course.
How to access LinkedIn Learning
In a web browser:
Go to LinkedIn Learning and log in with your library card barcode number and PIN
Free access is only through this website link and not by visiting the LinkedIn Learning subscription website: www.linkedin.com/learning.
LinkedIn Learning apps
How to use the LinkedIn Learning app
The LinkedIn Learning apps are currently unavailable while they are being upgraded.
However you can still login to LinkedIn Learning through a web browser. See instructions above.
Download and open the app.
On the welcome screen tap Sign in
Enter your email address, click Continue then choose the second option, Whangarei Central Library (Learning-Library). Then you can enter your library card number and PIN.
Tap Sign In
On Apple devices, tap Sign in with your library card link
- Enter your Whangarei District Libraries barcode number and PIN then tap Continue.
- If you have forgotten your PIN, contact the library for instructions on how you can be assigned a new PIN. Contact Whangarei District Libraries
Downloading and viewing learning videos offline
All learners download courses and individual videos on most mobile devices using the LinkedIn Learning app.
Offline viewing is only available through the apps for mobile and desktop devices, including Apple TV.
To access downloaded content, members must be logged in to their LinkedIn Learning account. The app login is valid for 30 days, after which time the app will prompt members to re-authenticate their account credentials by signing in again.
An active subscription is required for offline viewing.