Do you have trouble keeping track of all of those great books, music CDs, movie DVDs and magazines you have checked out of the library?
This page explains how to use the Library Elf reminder service to help you.
5/03/2012 9:40 a.m.
Symphony, our library software will automatically email reminders 3 days prior for items that are due and when requests or holds that are ready to pick up.
However Library Elf provides you with more options with customisable settings enabling you to specify the number of days before items are due to receive reminders.
The subscription service offers more ways to monitor your library cards including adding other family members, item summaries in Elf calendar, daily snapshot web page, iCalendar and RSS feeds.
Track your library books
Using Library Elf, an Internet-based tool from a Canadian company that is independent of us, you can receive email reminders about when your items are due for return and notices when requested titles are ready for pick-up.
You can even track several cards on the one account, which is great for Mums and Dads looking after the whole family's library material.
How do I get reminders from Library Elf?
- visit Library Elf's website to create your account
- you can only have one library card per Library Elf account
- you will need to provide the G number on the back of your library card, along with the PIN number to your account
- as Library Elf is an independent external organisation, by joining them you are authorising Library Elf to access your account details.
What about fines on overdues?
- Library Elf reminders do not include any information regarding overdue fines
- check with us for details about any fines and charges you may have incurred
- please note that you are still responsible for any overdue charges even if you do not receive a reminder via Library Elf
- you might not receive your Library Elf reminder notices because your library membership has a block on it, or you have not updated your details such as a changed email address or PIN on your Library Elf account.
Can I renew my items using Library Elf?
No. While Library Elf will tell you when your books are due, you can only renew items directly with us.