Information about catalogue search results including how to place requests and download eBooks.
9/03/2015 12:46 p.m.
There are three different view options for your search results: List view, Grid view and Cooliris view (if available).
(1) Click any of these icons to change the view.
Sorting search results
(2) You can sort the results by publication date (ascending or descending), title or author.
The most relevant results are then sorted by that option.
(3) Click the Previous and Next arrow icons to move forward and backward through pages of search results.
Placing holds or requests
(4) Items in your search results that are available for loan can be requested or have a hold placed on them.
Click the Place Hold button next to your selected item – it is best to be logged into your into your Library card account before searching. A window will open where you can select the library you wish to pick up the item:
Note: You can also place a hold on an item by using the Select An Action menu
Selecting an Action menu
(5) From the Select An Action drop-down menu you can: Place holds on items
Add items to your My Lists
Email item information A window will appear where you can enter the email address where the item(s) information will be sent.
If you want to send the email in plain text format instead of HTML, select the option.
Click Send Email when you have finished.
Print item information. The item(s) information will display on a new page in print format. Use your browser's print option to send the information to a printer.
Select the items you want from your search results page by selecting the item check box(es) (6) or use the Select All check box (7) to select all items on the page.
Then select the action you want to take from the Select An Action menu.
Previewing and Downloading eBooks
(8) You can search and download eBooks from Nove-l (OverDrive) directly from our catalogue.
To view a sample of an eBook, click the Preview button and follow the directions.
You can easily download eBooks by clicking the Download button.
A window will appear and ask you to select an eBook reader or format. Select your preferred reader or format and the eBook will begin to download.
The eBook is added to your Bookshelf on the Nove-l website or OverDrive app. Go to either the website or app, open your Bookshelf to read or transfer the eBook.
Saving searches as RSS feeds
(9) If you use RSS, you can click the RSS icon to save any of your searches as an RSS feed. This way, you can see updated results of your specified searches through your RSS reader. To take advantage of RSS feeds, you must have an RSS enabled browser or an RSS reader.
Viewing results from databases
Our Library catalogue links directly to some online resources databases. Soon you will be able to directly search:
To see search results from these databases, click the Databases tab (1)
Click the different tabs to see results from a particular database (2)
To go back to your Library's search results, click the Search Results tab.
Note: You will need to be a Whangarei Libraries member to open these items.
When you click on a title link, the Whangarei Libraries member log-in window will open.